Over the Gate Forum Index Over the Gate
Join in for a friendly chat over the gate about home and country matters. (Nominated Charity The British Heart Foundation)
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  {Home Page} Home Page  Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ooh! A FB linky thingy!
Page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Over the Gate Forum Index -> Forum News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.






Posted:     Post subject:

Back to top
Juli



Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Posts: 2088


Location: Israel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote

midlandsman wrote:
I see that the FB button seems to have disappeared.  Why?

Forums that don't embrace the way that most people communicate are disappearing at a great rate of knots.

Mods/admin, please embrace what social media offers. Use it, develop an online presence on those sites, and that way this great forum stands a chance of being here in a couple of years time.

MM


Oh no - it is still there and that id that for me.  This Forum does not exist for me any more.  You all seem to love FaceBook so much, so you know how to go..  And that everything you say will be seeb to everyone in the  world.

It has been Nice knowing you, but you will NOT find me on Facebook.  Where they will everything of your details.   Bank, PayPal, everything.
_________________
The love I had for Pereg
And the love she had for me
Kept me going

Life without her is maybe easier
But now there is Tikva
And life is
Life anew
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dave C



Joined: 03 Feb 2010
Posts: 2525


Location: Last seen wondering the Teesdale Fells

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is more on here that don't like facebook than you realise.
I'm not on and have no intention of joining, just not my thing.

It's a shame you feel that way Juli but I respect your opinion.
Take care.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mo



Joined: 10 Aug 2010
Posts: 3273


Location: Cumbria

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MM - It looks like it only appear on your own posts, so you can only share your own post.

Juli - I don't think you can blame this forum. Just by being active anywhere on the internet you are open to being 'found'.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jaycee



Joined: 04 Nov 2012
Posts: 175


Location: Australia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing to do with facebook..... put in pereg, israel and epilectic and you still come up.

Just a consequence of using real names and locations, just don't do it if you don't want to be found.
_________________
John
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Juli



Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Posts: 2088


Location: Israel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo wrote:
MM - It looks like it only appear on your own posts, so you can only share your own post.

Juli - I don't think you can blame this forum. Just by being active anywhere on the internet you are open to being 'found'.


I am not blaming anyone.

What I am saying is that  everything I type here, or anywhere else, can be traced back to them.  This is the ONLY  site where I use my own name, Julli, but someone traced me back to CEN - Canine Epilepsy Network where I had not posted since 2011 and blackmailed me for thousand of dollars, or pounds sterling, whatever.  

Three things put into Google.  Pereg.  Epileptic.  ISRAEL.

My hame is not really even Juli but Israelis cannot pronounce the name I have been known by for over 30 years now - and yet this person with just three words - Pereg.  Epileptic.  Israel.  Fount me under a different name on CEN - and another place under yet another name - my registered name, my address, my Bank - and I do not do banking on-line.

But for  three words she was able to get onto on CEN - and other  places, found things I had written - and blackmailed me.   And  all because of three words.

Pereg.  Epileptic.  Israel.  

Why?  Yeah well, I live in Israel, not far from the Gaza Strip, and those three words told her exactly where I live.  And I do not care if anyone here knows because I love it and am not ashamed or it.

Moshav Berekhya.  DN HOF Ashqelon.  79852

And now I have done it again.  Oh well, we had another rocket ovet night, so who cares.  I mean we are only Israelis.  Only Jews.
_________________
The love I had for Pereg
And the love she had for me
Kept me going

Life without her is maybe easier
But now there is Tikva
And life is
Life anew
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mo



Joined: 10 Aug 2010
Posts: 3273


Location: Cumbria

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say I'm more than a little confused about how this has all panned out.

I'm beginning to regret having pointed it out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Juli



Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Posts: 2088


Location: Israel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo wrote:
I have to say I'm more than a little confused about how this has all panned out.

I'm beginning to regret having pointed it out.


No problem,. Three words anyone can get into your computer and your bank account and black maill you;
_________________
The love I had for Pereg
And the love she had for me
Kept me going

Life without her is maybe easier
But now there is Tikva
And life is
Life anew
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
midlandsman



Joined: 08 May 2009
Posts: 363


Location: Leicestershire, UK

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juli wrote:
Mo wrote:
MM - It looks like it only appear on your own posts, so you can only share your own post.

Juli - I don't think you can blame this forum. Just by being active anywhere on the internet you are open to being 'found'.


I am not blaming anyone.

What I am saying is that  everything I type here, or anywhere else, can be traced back to them.  This is the ONLY  site where I use my own name, Julli, but someone traced me back to CEN - Canine Epilepsy Network where I had not posted since 2011 and blackmailed me for thousand of dollars, or pounds sterling, whatever.  

Three things put into Google.  Pereg.  Epileptic.  ISRAEL.

My hame is not really even Juli but Israelis cannot pronounce the name I have been known by for over 30 years now - and yet this person with just three words - Pereg.  Epileptic.  Israel.  Fount me under a different name on CEN - and another place under yet another name - my registered name, my address, my Bank - and I do not do banking on-line.

But for  three words she was able to get onto on CEN - and other  places, found things I had written - and blackmailed me.   And  all because of three words.

Pereg.  Epileptic.  Israel.  

Why?  Yeah well, I live in Israel, not far from the Gaza Strip, and those three words told her exactly where I live.  And I do not care if anyone here knows because I love it and am not ashamed or it.

Moshav Berekhya.  DN HOF Ashqelon.  79852

And now I have done it again.  Oh well, we had another rocket ovet night, so who cares.  I mean we are only Israelis.  Only Jews.


I don't want to be found online, but post my address on a forum that more-or-less anyone can join? I'm confused? Is this really about Facebook?

MM
_________________
My blog - www.localfoodheroes.co.uk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Juli



Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Posts: 2088


Location: Israel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does not matter whether it is plastered all over FB or not, not whether I mention the name of the Moshav where I live.  I could have made that up or given the name of any Moshav in Israel.

It is the fact that everything I post here or anywhere else, whatever name I, or you or anyone else uses, can be found and then blackmailed - send me xxxxx amount or else.
_________________
The love I had for Pereg
And the love she had for me
Kept me going

Life without her is maybe easier
But now there is Tikva
And life is
Life anew
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
midlandsman



Joined: 08 May 2009
Posts: 363


Location: Leicestershire, UK

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough, it's your choice. But I still don't see how you can be blackmailed unless you post incriminating evidence.

I guess that some things are best not asked though.

MM
_________________
My blog - www.localfoodheroes.co.uk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Juli



Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Posts: 2088


Location: Israel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

midlandsman wrote:
Fair enough, it's your choice. But I still don't see how you can be blackmailed unless you post incriminating evidence.

I guess that some things are best not asked though.

MM


Because the person actually knew where I do live, and what I did not know was that she - probably a he - was a Hamas operative.  And wanted to know how to get here.  I have always said I live in Israel and anyone with any knowledge of Hebrew knows that the name Pereg, my beloved angel epileptic girl, is a Hebrew name.  It means Poppy - the flower - although it is normally used for poppy seeds for baking.

And my puppy Tikva?  It means hope.  The hope that she will never be cursed by the Monster epilepsy that took my beloved Pereg.

No, you would not understand because you do not live here.  And the money?  It was either I paid it or I would tell them exactly how to get in, as the gates are closed at night.  As I say, you would not understand.
_________________
The love I had for Pereg
And the love she had for me
Kept me going

Life without her is maybe easier
But now there is Tikva
And life is
Life anew
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dave C



Joined: 03 Feb 2010
Posts: 2525


Location: Last seen wondering the Teesdale Fells

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no enemy here on OTG Juli.

Time to move on ....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Juli



Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Posts: 2088


Location: Israel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave C wrote:
There is no enemy here on OTG Juli.

Time to move on ....


No enemies here but have you ever read 1984 by George Orwell?  Everything, and I mean everything, that you or anyone posts anywhere, on OTG or anywhere else,  then shares it on FB - will tell who you are, where you live - what side you dress on..

Anything and everything you have written on your computer - BINGO.  

Have you any idea what FB knows about you?

Just think about where that guy ended up a billionaire.
_________________
The love I had for Pereg
And the love she had for me
Kept me going

Life without her is maybe easier
But now there is Tikva
And life is
Life anew
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dave C



Joined: 03 Feb 2010
Posts: 2525


Location: Last seen wondering the Teesdale Fells

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then if I were you I wouldn't post anything, anywhere.

I use this forum for light hearted countryside crack.
Not what this thread is turning into.

So I'm off this thread.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Toddy



Joined: 08 Sep 2007
Posts: 829


Location: Lanarkshire

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a very modern world, and no one is totally without electronic record of some kind.
Facebook just does not appeal to me, but I don't think that it's the only way folks can trace you.

I don't know the ins and outs of your 'blackmail', Juli, but in that instance my immediate response would have been to contact the police and tell them. If they have contacts that would shift things up a gear then the blackmailer could have been traced too, and at very least their electronic record would have been tagged with their actions.

Like Dave C, on the whole I log on here for light hearted blethering.

M


_________________
Contentment is a great wealth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Over the Gate Forum Index -> Forum News All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All Proceeds to Leukaemia Research.

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum