Archive for Over the Gate Join in for a friendly chat over the gate about home and country matters. (Nominated Charity The British Heart Foundation)
 


       Over the Gate Forum Index -> How to.....
kaz

...help this stool

I couldn't resist this oak stool today but I would like to get rid of the red stain on the legs. The shopkeeper said it may be oxblood and to try with nitromors and wire wool  - has anyone got a better idea? I also need to remove the stain from the seat without losing the natural patina.





I'm a sucker for stools (and clocks but Bodger wouldn't let me buy the clock I wanted) so I also ended up with this chunky nest of oak tables at a bargain price - we had haggled the price down slightly but then found that he couldn't take cards and I'd spent the rest of my cash earlier so he ended up agreeing to less than our original opening price rather than lose the sale
I would like to make these heatproof so that hot cups can be placed on them - can you tell me how?

green man

http://www.mistral.ie/details.php...;gclid=CMGy487ek5kCFQ9btAodDFneZA

This was recommended to me by someone in the know but I use household bleach and put my own finish back, you have to remove any varnish first, the black stains are a pig to remove.
mogs

 kaz, you can tll they are new to your home....the dog is checking them out......lots of strange smells.  
kaz

I've just found this thread that will help me to do the job - Thanks GM

http://overthegate.myfreeforum.org/about11926.html&highlight=table
Bazzer

Absolutely beautiful Kaz.
The stool and tables aren't too bad either.

No antique shops/restorers locally you could ask.
Richard Bailey

Talking of stools......!

I swallowed an expensive "crown" tooth about a week ago.

My dentist suggested that at a value of around 300, I really should "recover" it!

I have been checking every stool since, that being now a week! and I know that nothing comes out 'down there' that I wasn't prepared to put in my mouth previously, but this really isn't a nice task and surely it should have passed through by now?????????

I am fairly confident it hasn't "slipped through my fingers", so......

How long could this take????????????????
:pottytrain5:
:laughing3:
Richard Bailey

EIGHT DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But the Eagle has landed!

Yup, eight days after swallowing it has reappeared!!!!      

I decided yesterday that enough was enough, then, lo and behold, it presented itself on my first "non sifting through" mission, in the pan, gravity preventing the flush away and my ever suffering wife was confronted by it on her visit some hours after my visit AND AFTER THE CLEANERS HAD BEEN IN (must replace them cleaners!)

The offending article is undergoing a serious cleaning and sterilisation program before being proffered to my dentist for refitting (as you can probably imagine!)

A few people have oft stated that I talk out my arse, they don't know that I can effectively chew by it too!

But come on...... eight ruddy days!!!!! foxes_888.gif  :pottytrain2:  :sad3:  :pottytrain5:
Bazzer

The passing of time.
A real "Richard the Third" story.
green man

Well if that doesn't crown it 'ole!  
bodger

Richard Bailey wrote:
EIGHT DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But the Eagle has landed!

Yup, eight days after swallowing it has reappeared!!!!

I decided yesterday that enough was enough, then, lo and behold, it presented itself on my first "non sifting through" mission, in the pan, gravity preventing the flush away and my ever suffering wife was confronted by it on her visit some hours after my visit AND AFTER THE CLEANERS HAD BEEN IN (must replace them cleaners!)

The offending article is undergoing a serious cleaning and sterilisation program before being proffered to my dentist for refitting (as you can probably imagine!)

A few people have oft stated that I talk out my arse, they don't know that I can effectively chew by it too!

But come on...... eight ruddy days!!!!! foxes_888.gif :pottytrain2: :sad3: :pottytrain5:


You should always be careful Richard    Things have a way of coming back and biting you in the Ass  
Richard Bailey

Yup.... wife has said she won't want to kiss me if she thinks about it!... see there is always a silver lining to every cloud
MrsWW

Richard Bailey wrote:
Yup.... wife has said she won't want to kiss me if she thinks about it!... see there is always a silver lining to every cloud


PMSL  
Richard Bailey

Even tho you've "wet" yourself dear, if the wife won't will you kiss me Mrs WW? (I'm not poor!)
XXXXXXXX
Richard Bailey

And finally.....
The dentist refitted it yesterday :biglol:  rainbowbridge.gif
bodger

"Wonder where the yellow went?  Washed his tooth in Sterident  "

Unfortunately, brown doesn't rhyme
MrsWW

Richard Bailey wrote:
Even tho you've "wet" yourself dear, if the wife won't will you kiss me Mrs WW? (I'm not poor!)
XXXXXXXX


 Richard - happily married woman I am  
Bazzer

Wot woz that Boney M song?

Brown Toof Came Out 'is Ring.
La La La La Laaaaa.

       Over the Gate Forum Index -> How to.....
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum